Nuance

There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

Stressful, Sweat Shop!

Former Employee - Human Resources in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Human Resources in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Absolutely, not one thing...terrible environment.

Cons

terrible work environment, leaders who lack integrity, lack of trust, not even leader speak positively about the organization.

345 Other Employee Reviews for Nuance (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced organization - opportunity to grow your career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This has been my experience:
    - my team is filled with high achieving, smart people and creative people
    - there's a lot of room for improvement (might be seen by some as a con)
    - employees who produce results and are open to new opportunities are given those opportunities (this happened to me!)
    - within my group there is a focus on results and not punching a clock
    - Since joining the company, I
          - have not had one day where I was bored
          - have not experienced "Sunday evening blues"

Potential candidates to Nuance should be comfortable with change and be able to dig in to get work done. To me, this is a positive as there is a lot of opportunity for growth and change but for some this environment would be challenging.

Cons

Overall, I am very happy with my experience working at Nuance and do not have any cons at this time.

Nuance is a fast paced company with lots of talented people

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nuance is great about supporting employees in terms of training, collaboration, and work life balance. With Nuance University, an online education tool, I was able to quickly gain an understanding of the company. This helped me feel right at home very quickly.

In terms of collaboration, I believe that the company's intranet is the easiest to use and most helpful internal website that I have ever used. In the past, I had always thought of this as a place for company benefit and HR stuff, however with the Voice, people are able to treat it like both a social network and collaboration platform.

Cons

I am the only Marketing person of my floor, and am surrounded by Engineers. It has been difficult to figure out who my team is since I don't sit among them.

I also feel like the leadership is a little more siloed from the rest of the employees, rather than integrated with them. This can sometimes make me feel like the executive are not being transparent.

When I came to Nuance, I was looking to start a career, rather than just simply a job. It would be great to have a better understanding of the different career paths that each role can take as well as learn what management is looking for to move folks into those positions.

It would also be nice to have a mentorship program and internal support groups that can help you along your career path.

There are newer employer reviews for Nuance