Nuance

www.nuance.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

A learning experience from a professional corporate company.

Current Intern - Intern in Burlington, MA
Current Intern - Intern in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was great and the company benefits was nice, as well. The atmosphere for working was professional and a lot of fun stuff goes on at Nuance.

Cons

Some of the work was stressful and you learn a lot at one time so it can be a lot to take in when working within SalesForce.

Keep the SalesForce tutorials because it helps out a lot when first learning how to work through the database.

372 Other Employee Reviews for Nuance (View Most Recent)

Nuance, the Wal-Mart of Medical Transcription

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I have been working at Nuance full-time

Pros

Working at home. The platform has good research capabilities. I love my account, but unfortunately everything is overshadowed by their terrible pay and FIESA QA system which is financially punitive.

Cons

Well, my salary has halved in about 3 years. Admittedly, medical transcription is being outsourced, offshored, and technology has made ours a perilous profession, yet still it is a profession and quite skilled, yet at Nuance are all paid the same, no matter how many years experience you have or how good you are. The QA is terrible, they pick through your work with the seemingly sole reason to deny "bonus" - which used to be included in your pay and when you lose it, there is basically no motivation to work hard at all because you have been financially disincentivized.

Get rid of FIESA, which is a horrible QA system pitting QA against MT with the sole objective of achieving bonuses impossible for MTs and making them feel like crap in the process. Upon taking over my prior company, you pared down the lph and then invented this idiotic system of jumping through hoops to get "bonus." Only really bad MTs should be subjected to pay docking (which, in effect, is what this is) for QA reasons, and those are usually easy to find because they are usually just plain careless or newbies.

It has been very open, honest and striving to do better

Current Employee - Director Technical Services in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director Technical Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The team members are very knowledgeable, helpful and generally have a good direction on where their team fits in where the company is going.

Cons

With so many people remote or in other locations at times hard to really see how all the teams fit together.

I would have all US new hires to come to Burlington, learn the company, understand the goals and then send the team members back to their homes or other business sites.

There are newer employer reviews for Nuance