There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

Cut throat.

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Nashua, NH
Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Nashua, NH

I worked at Nuance full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can learn how not to treat employees by working here.

Cons

I worked for an awesome company that was acquired by Nuance. There was a meeting where the acquisition announcement was made, where a talking head from Nuance told us that most of us would keep our jobs. A month later, about 90% of the engineers were either laid off on the spot or bribed with a bump in their severance amount to stick around for a few more months to do more work on the projects that were in progress. Meantime a group of incredibly rude and obnoxious engineers from their outsourced Budapest Hungary facility made visits, demanding to be stepped through code and "handing off of responsibility". Their level of arrogance and rudeness was appalling.

Don't lie to employees of companies you acquire. Instead of acquiring the technology and laying off all of the talent, how about setting a good example for American company practices and allowing the acquired company to continue operating the business successfully? Value your USA employees instead of outsourcing everything over seas. Do some checks and balances on your out sourced employee pool to see how they behave and treat others.

305 Other Employee Reviews for Nuance (View Most Recent)

A learning experience from a professional corporate company.

Current Employee - Intern  in  Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Intern in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The pay was great and the company benefits was nice, as well. The atmosphere for working was professional and a lot of fun stuff goes on at Nuance.

Cons

Some of the work was stressful and you learn a lot at one time so it can be a lot to take in when working within SalesForce.

Keep the SalesForce tutorials because it helps out a lot when first learning how to work through the database.

Nuance, the Wal-Mart of Medical Transcription

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I have been working at Nuance full-time

Pros

Working at home. The platform has good research capabilities. I love my account, but unfortunately everything is overshadowed by their terrible pay and FIESA QA system which is financially punitive.

Cons

Well, my salary has halved in about 3 years. Admittedly, medical transcription is being outsourced, offshored, and technology has made ours a perilous profession, yet still it is a profession and quite skilled, yet at Nuance are all paid the same, no matter how many years experience you have or how good you are. The QA is terrible, they pick through your work with the seemingly sole reason to deny "bonus" - which used to be included in your pay and when you lose it, there is basically no motivation to work hard at all because you have been financially disincentivized.

Get rid of FIESA, which is a horrible QA system pitting QA against MT with the sole objective of achieving bonuses impossible for MTs and making them feel like crap in the process. Upon taking over my prior company, you pared down the lph and then invented this idiotic system of jumping through hoops to get "bonus." Only really bad MTs should be subjected to pay docking (which, in effect, is what this is) for QA reasons, and those are usually easy to find because they are usually just plain careless or newbies.

There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

Worked for Nuance? Contribute to the Community!