There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

Awful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance

Pros

Great products and market niche
Wonderfully talented people
Brand recognition getting better

Cons

Complete micro-management by incompetent senior management
Nuance Board of Directors - they haven't intervened
Recognition is based on who you know not what you know
A lot of resources given to lavish parties but not for training, careers and business growth

Advice to Board of Directors is to wake up and do something - you owe it to the shareholders of this company

reviews filtered by

Poor Place to Work

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance

Pros

Great technical staff. Flexible about working from home. Some ability to travel for projects. Interesting technologies. Not much else that's positive that I can say.

Cons

Upper management shows great disdain for employee morale, training, and work-life balance. Projects are often run as death marches and are oversold on technical capabilities. Upper management has no concern at all for employees. Communication on major issues, such as layoffs, salary freezes, lack of bonuses, restructuring, etc are handled extremely incompetently and usually the worst way possible. Upper management is extremely aloof and cold to employees. HR is generally incompetent.

Understand that the actions you take to further enrich yourselves impact the regular employees. Look beyond your wallets.

2. I worked for 3 summers as a Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Intern at Nuance.

Former Employee - Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Intern in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Intern in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance

Pros

Ability to progress over three summers. I was given the opportunity to take on greater responsibility and leadership roles as I continued to work with the company.

Cons

Nuance seems to promote from outside the company rather than reward insiders just from what I had seen but not in my personal experience as an intern.

Consider creating internship positions outside of Compliance to serve as a basis to train future graduates to become future employees in the finance organization, especially in such a dynamic and acquisitive environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Nuance