NutriSystem
www.nutrisystem.com Fort Washington, PA 150 to 499 Employees

Its Ok For This Economy

Program Consultant (Current Employee)
Fort Washington, PA

Pros1) My fellow call center reps are great people; their jokes and personalities make shifts go by quicker.
2) Its steady pay.
3) You sit down all day.
4) If you're in school you can study in between calls.
5) Benefits
6) Free Coffee and tea.

Cons1) Management: They were all, and I mean all, promoted because of circumstance. Circumstance as in they just so happened to be there the longest, so they got promoted. Some of the supervisors are cold, uppity, and snippy.
2) The hourly rate is $12 for the Retention Department.
3) Retention is treated like the lowest life form.
4) They promise all this commission but you literally have to lie to the customer in order to "Retain" them, so you van get the commission.

The biggest con is; you don't get commission and hourly rate, its either or. So, which ever is biggest. You have to have over $960 in commission to get a commission check. $12 x 80 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to give commission and the hourly rate, or take away commission and raise the hourly rate. If management feels people will not work as hard if the commission is taken away and the hourly rate is raised, then make the performance reviews stricter. Also, retention feels I'm positive that 90% of the call center employees feels unappreciated, and under valued, Especially Program Consultants. Employees that feel valued work harder and smarter for you. Next, give each and every supervisor in that call center sensitivity and leadership training, tell them that they shouldn't talk down or about their subordinates, and patience is a virtue. Finally, I find it very odd that there is only one, ONE, black supervisor on the call center floor.

I'm beyond upset that I took this job!!

Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee)
    Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at NutriSystem full-time for less than a year

Pros: My coworkers are really nice. A steady pay check. But the money… Cons: We were lied to about what the job was/is. We are not helping people on the phone. We are being forced to sell products… Advice to Senior Management: Last time I checked everyone that works there is in thier 20's and up. No kids work there. So why treat us like children? Why… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Run away from this place!

Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at NutriSystem full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good Pay, Good Co- Workers, Good PTO, Good Benefits Cons: You are constantly monitored and micro managed, upper management and HR does not care about the employees in the call center, the department is… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micro managing! Upper Management: actually visit the call center, listen to live calls and actually see what the reps (counselors,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NutriSystem.

Worked for NutriSystem? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NutriSystem reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NutriSystem CEO Dawn M. Zier. All reviews posted anonymously by NutriSystem employees.