Nutrisystem

www.nutrisystem.com
  www.nutrisystem.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nutrisystem

A good experience if you make it one

Current Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good pay, benefits, well kept office building, nice cafeteria and gym, counseling is an inherently rewarding position IF performed well, friendly coworkers, great product, free coffee. If you don't look for the negative, you will enjoy your time here.

Cons

Sometimes overly strict attendance policy, counselors sometimes need to perform the duties of the customer service department, job can be monotonous, recent software changes have not been successful, computers use Windows XP and often have minor problems

I have no problems with the management in my department. If a weight loss counselor does their job well, they will not be micromanaged.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Nutrisystem (View Most Recent)

I'm beyond upset that I took this job!!

Current Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My coworkers are really nice. A steady pay check. But the money could be double and it's not worth it. The pay is just "OK".

Cons

We were lied to about what the job was/is. We are not helping people on the phone. We are being forced to sell products to unhappy clients. And unhappy clients don't want to buy more food. But if we don't meet our marks each week we could be fired. And the company's stock has been going down hill for years. Maybe if they didn't make everyone working there feel over worked people would care more about thier jobs. Instead people are just leaving or waiting to be fired. I've never been in such a toxic place. I have a job interview coming up. I would tell everyone to not waste your time and look else where. No one is happy here. Read the reviews!! I wish I had before all this.

Last time I checked everyone that works there is in thier 20's and up. No kids work there. So why treat us like children? Why follow us to the bathroom to see if that's where we are going? I've never been treated like this in my life. Treat people with respect, and you get respect back. It's really simple.

Its Ok For This Economy

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) My fellow call center reps are great people; their jokes and personalities make shifts go by quicker.
    2) Its steady pay.
    3) You sit down all day.
    4) If you're in school you can study in between calls.
    5) Benefits
    6) Free Coffee and tea.

Cons

1) Management: They were all, and I mean all, promoted because of circumstance. Circumstance as in they just so happened to be there the longest, so they got promoted. Some of the supervisors are cold, uppity, and snippy.
    2) The hourly rate is $12 for the Retention Department.
    3) Retention is treated like the lowest life form.
    4) They promise all this commission but you literally have to lie to the customer in order to "Retain" them, so you van get the commission.

The biggest con is; you don't get commission and hourly rate, its either or. So, which ever is biggest. You have to have over $960 in commission to get a commission check. $12 x 80 hours.

My advice is to give commission and the hourly rate, or take away commission and raise the hourly rate. If management feels people will not work as hard if the commission is taken away and the hourly rate is raised, then make the performance reviews stricter. Also, retention feels I'm positive that 90% of the call center employees feels unappreciated, and under valued, Especially Program Consultants. Employees that feel valued work harder and smarter for you. Next, give each and every supervisor in that call center sensitivity and leadership training, tell them that they shouldn't talk down or about their subordinates, and patience is a virtue. Finally, I find it very odd that there is only one, ONE, black supervisor on the call center floor.

There are newer employer reviews for Nutrisystem