There are newer employer reviews for O'Connor Davies

Avoid this place

Current Employee - Tax  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Tax in New York, NY

I have been working at O'Connor Davies full-time

Pros

Nice people. People in general are friendly and willing to help out when help is needed.

Cons

Too much office politics at the management level. Tax department is look down upon. Promotions in the tax department come once in a blue moon. Tax engagements budgets are set up or give away as a complimentary freebie by auditor partners/managers. Budgets are so unrealistic that most people just eat their time to avoid the "phone calls" from the partners in charge. The pay is below industry and bonus is meh (don't count on it). Annual chargeable goal is 1800 hours, industry standard. The weekly mandatory chargeable hour during tax season is usually around 45-55 hrs. You will probably have to work 80 minimum to meet the 55 chargeable hrs if you factor in the time that you will have to eat, snowstorms, server downtime and misc nonchargeable time.

Audit partners and managers have to stop trying to run the tax department.

6 Other Employee Reviews for O'Connor Davies (View Most Recent)

O'Connor Davies, LLP is a great Accounting Firm to build your career

Current Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Harrison, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Harrison, NY

I have been working at O'Connor Davies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people make a difference. I work for a variety of partners and managers and they all have given me the opportunity to advance my career. The Partners have an "Open Door Policy," if you have any questions or concerns. The Firm's culture believes in a work/life balance and always looks to build staff morale. Hard work is always recognized.

Cons

Based on where I live and some of the firm's clients, there is traveling involved. Sometimes the commute can be challenging. Some engagement fees are low and it is difficult to complete the job within budget.

Good accounting firm

I have been working at O'Connor Davies full-time for less than a year

Pros

No micromanagement occurs, everyone seems to be very polite and nice.

Cons

Unpaid lunch, not that many younger people.

There are newer employer reviews for O'Connor Davies

Worked for O'Connor Davies? Contribute to the Community!