There are newer employer reviews for O'Keeffe & Company

Gain experience quickly; hard work pays off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at O'Keeffe & Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collaborative environment with smart and talented employees; Opportunity to advance quickly if you are willing to put in the time and the work; Chance to try out various aspects of the PR/Marketing/Advertising world simultaneously, which you don't necessarily get at a larger firm; Great office location with parking/metro stipend

Cons

Will full plates and client demands, you will rarely have a 40 hour work week here - work/life balance can be tough. You also have to be willing to put in the hard work knowing you won't get a lot of personal recognition.

Offer more training for managers as well as professional development opportunities for junior staff. Consider alternate ways to show gratitude for hard working employees if/when bonuses aren't possible (i.e., an extra holiday such as the day after Thanksgiving, day after July 4th, etc.)

11 Other Employee Reviews for O'Keeffe & Company (View Most Recent)

Came For One Year And Stayed For 10

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at O'Keeffe & Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good talent and hard work pays off quickly. Top-tier client roster. Interesting, challenging projects. Work done the right way. A lot of responsibility early on. Chance to shape both the client deliverables and the organization itself.

Cons

Longer hours are expected. Some work is cool and glamorous, some is not. No place to hide - your contibution or lack of contribution is very visible. Managers are still learning how to be really effective managers as opposed to just really good doers.

Continue investing in training and infrastructure. Good changes in the last two years, but continuing to help staff transition successfully to management and then to senior management is going to be key.

Great opportunities -- perfect to get your foot in the door

Former Employee - Account Executive in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Alexandria, VA

I worked at O'Keeffe & Company

Pros

O'Keeffe & Company is a great place to get your foot in the door. They do a great job of training you in PR/marketing and giving you real hands-on opportunities. I was given a lot of responsibility early on which allowed me to grow really quickly. If you are looking to get a range of experiences and really expand your skill set, this is the place to go.

Cons

Certain clients and projects require a lot of time and effort. Some weeks l found myself working really long hours and working on some very demanding projects.

Personally, my manager was supportive of my growth at O'Keeffe & Company. I would suggest continuing thorough staff reviews to be sure everyone's on the same page with regards to expectations and evaluations.

There are newer employer reviews for O'Keeffe & Company