There are newer employer reviews for O'Neil & Associates

So-so.

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Miamisburg, OH
Former Employee - Technical Writer in Miamisburg, OH

I worked at O'Neil & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Project driven. Good for honing programming or organizational skills. Decent benefits.

Cons

Not good for long term employment. Upper management is dysfunctional. Lots of politics.

reviews filtered by
  1. I looked forward to going into work each day and feeling like I was part of a family or a close-knit group of friends.

Current Intern - Intern in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at O'Neil & Associates as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The environment at O'Neill makes you feel like you are part of something very special. The vice presidents, directors, and associates are great at their jobs and there is always something exciting happening. Because O'Neill does PR, GR, and Crisis Communication, there is always something new to learn. Tom O'Neill is a great contact to make and a huge name in Boston.

Cons

I never knew what happened to my work. I would put in hours of research and work for a client and never hear any feedback. There is also little room for growth, to be valuable there you need to have worked elsewhere first.

I tended I feel isolated from the clients and never got that hands on professional experience you get from watching your mentor work do their job. The interns are not included in client meetings and never get to have any contact with them, which limits their ability to soak up knowledge about the industry that you can't get through research.

2. Great company

I have been working at O'Neil & Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people who work here are the best and I've formed friendships that will last. They truly care about their employees. Flexible hours.

Cons

The only con I have are the reviews. You fill out self reviews that are full of questions that don't really apply to my job which makes them extremely hard to fill out and I don't feel give them an accurate evaluation about how good/bad you are doing.

Find a better way to evaluated the employees so you can really see how they are helping the company.

There are newer employer reviews for O'Neil & Associates