There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

Many aspects of O'Reilly's are great; Unfortunately the stress & pressure are unbelievable!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Pensacola, FL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a growing company with opportunity for advancement. Compensation is fair with benefits at or above average for the auto parts field.

Cons

Store managers don't work the 55 hour workweek as is promised; I currently work 70-75 hours a week and there is no end in sight. My District Manager has unrealistic expectations and comes down hard on all managers and doesn't allow any time off (earned vacation, etc) saying your job must come before your family, your health, above everything!

If District and Regional Management was policed and not allowed to overwork, threaten, and generally abuse store managers, it would be a great place to work. I can't believe that VPs or RVP's are aware of this kind of abuse at the district level and wish they would put a stop to it.

347 Other Employee Reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Rewarding if your committed

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hard work is rewarded and encouraged. The ability to advance in the company is high if you apply yourself. The company gives you a good idea on business in general, the ability to buy and sell just about anything is great.

Cons

It is a retail job, so your off days may not be the typical weekend days. Working with others who complain about not getting raises but do nothing to improve there work ethic.

I am pretty pleased with my district. The only comment I have is that District managers should discuss personnel changes with store management before acting. Makes management feel they really have no power in a business where they tell you to "run it like your very own parts store"

screw over employees bad

Former Employee - Store Manager in Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

worked for company 2 year gave notice had personal days and vacation took 1 personal day they screwed me out of everything NEVER work for thses people

Cons

they screw over all women employees don't give raises they should get and do not promote within this is a good old boy system of managerment from store leve to top

resign and get a real job top management does not know what the hell is going on in the stores all they want is open more stores your pay is very low as a store manager I had to work over 55 hours every week only only get paid for 40 hours told that is part of being a manager by HR at Springfield this happenes every week

There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts