Retail Service Specialist in Tulsa

Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to be promoted if you can kiss ass. Also, it helps if you can be lazy. I have never seen a company that is so unorganized in my life. They strive to be the dominant auto parts supplier in their district and they have a LONG way to go. Also the health benefits are not good, and they cant seem to figure out why their sales keep going down. Its because their employees do not give them a good reputation! Management system is horrible. I am viewed as an assistant manager only when the assistant manager is not there, and there are some employees that are given all the responsibilities of an assistant manager but paid as a RSS.

Cons

Salary is not good at all. Even at the store manager level. If you have a problem with another employee, you will be told to keep your mouth shut and to ignore them. Its like they have forgotten that this is the real world and they think this is elementary school and if they ignore their problems it will go away. Pay is just a bit over minimum. They do not work with your hours at all. If you have time off, very rarely are you even allowed to use it. Dont make the same mistake that I did. Save yourself the hassle and dont even bother filling out the application for this place.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your team, Learn time management and maybe corporate should offer free classes for anger management. Learn how to listen and communicate with your employees better. If someone has a complaint that is valid, please take care of it. Dont push it aside and hope that it will go away.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Many aspects of O'Reilly's are great; Unfortunately the stress & pressure are unbelievable!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a growing company with opportunity for advancement. Compensation is fair with benefits at or above average for the auto parts field.

Cons

Store managers don't work the 55 hour workweek as is promised; I currently work 70-75 hours a week and there is no end in sight. My District Manager has unrealistic expectations and comes down hard on all managers and doesn't allow any time off (earned vacation, etc) saying your job must come before your family, your health, above everything!

Advice to Management

If District and Regional Management was policed and not allowed to overwork, threaten, and generally abuse store managers, it would be a great place to work. I can't believe that VPs or RVP's are aware of this kind of abuse at the district level and wish they would put a stop to it.

screw over employees bad

Former Employee - Store Manager in Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

worked for company 2 year gave notice had personal days and vacation took 1 personal day they screwed me out of everything NEVER work for thses people

Cons

they screw over all women employees don't give raises they should get and do not promote within this is a good old boy system of managerment from store leve to top

Advice to Management

resign and get a real job top management does not know what the hell is going on in the stores all they want is open more stores your pay is very low as a store manager I had to work over 55 hours every week only only get paid for 40 hours told that is part of being a manager by HR at Springfield this happenes every week