There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

Very positive. Hired as RSS, promoted to ASM in 4 months, promoted to SM 1 year 4 months after that.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Oxford, AL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Oxford, AL

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only Auto parts Company that I know of that would rather promote from within as opposed to hiring outside people when qualified people are available. Senior Management does not give the impression that they think they are any better than any team member. As far as I know, Senior Management started with the Company as Team Members and through hard work and dedication, have moved their way up the ladder. Best Company I have ever worked for. I have worked for the Nations largest Automotive Retailer in fixed operations.

Cons

Sometimes the hours at the store can get long, but all Store Managers should know what is expected when they accept the job. I was well informed before I too the position.

335 Other Employee Reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Morgan hill ca #3522 store.

Current Employee - Store Assistant Manager  in  Morgan Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Store Assistant Manager in Morgan Hill, CA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you are lazy and want to be on your cell phone almost half your shift and. Leave an hour to half hour early before the end of your shift and you are a big kiss ass.then this is the perfect company to work for it.you can advance big time if you are willing to kiss ass or are become a district manager in a jiffy even with no experience at all (if you count one year as a part time store manager and the other half kissing ass) also helps alot if you have an relative higher up in the corporate office

Cons

A good job if you are willing to do the work with low wages unless you work in a union store the pay is a little better but the health insurance are extremely high. this company made three billions in profits after paying everything from salaries,leases taxes vendors.they claim to have a culture to customer service which is very far from the true company wise in california(except in morgan hill)

Higher up management would not listen to low level employees opinions

started off with a bang then lost all faith

Former Employee - Retail Sales Specialist  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Specialist in Charleston, SC

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours are great, flexible shifts, does not force up-sale limits,

Cons

Mangers and District managers lack communication skills, show favoritism and if they don't like you force you out of the company. If you like to kiss butt you will go far and wide, but if not you might make it to a year. No drug testing creates a huge environmental problem until something happens. I have worked with several mangers drunk or high. No ability to grow with company. No respect for those under the management team, no appreciation, and the bonus is a joke, if its called commission, its pennies. To much turnover, alot of internal theft and Managers are never in the stores when they should be. Lack of communication between upper corporate and management.

If you want people to stay, treat them with respect, make them feel appreciated, listen to what is being said, investigate when something has been told, drug test, you might be surprised on who is doing what. there is way to much favoritism, lack of respect , and those who don't fit your culture make all the big bucks and treat others unfair. District mangers who come from competition want only their following to work for them, you are willing to let the best qualified people go. Corporate needs to review and visit stores with anonymous ways to let people know whats going on in the stores.

There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!