O'Reilly Auto Parts

www.oreillyauto.com
  www.oreillyauto.com
There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

I love working at my store, I enjoy the customers, and admire and respect my team members.

Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

I have found that even upper management personel members are easy to talk to , and care about what we "underlings" have to say. I believe this is one of the most important things a large company can do. We as team members , who are in the individual stores, recognize and relay the needs of our customers, so the communication channel is always open . I believe this is why O'Reilly Auto Parts Company has grown to the point they have, and will keep growing. We as store personel have the ability, encouragement, and support of our upper management to satisfy our customers, who are the ones who pay our saleries, and theirs, and make it possible for the company to invest in more employees and more stores, helping all involved.
I've been on both sides of the O'Reilly counter. For years , as an owner of a shop, I depended on the expertise of the O'Reilly team members . The way they handled my account, and me , helped me to decide where I wanted to work when my partner and I closed our shop. Now , I'm a part of that same support group for installers, that helped make my shop a success. Thank you , O'Reilly Auto Parts for being a part of my winning team, both then and now.

Cons

The only downside that I can see , is the lack of enough employees on the evening shifts. Our store only has two team members there in the evenings. We get overwhelmed frequently and this causes us to not be able to serve all our customers in the manner we would like to.

I believe that the hiring of more team members per store would help the fatigue, and being overwhelming stress we feel when we are short on personel. As best we can , we answer phones, wait on customers, and stock the stores shelves. Most nights one or more of these suffer, none of them should. Morale of our store staff would be better if we were not so stressed from having to "not" comply with the O'Reilly protocol for dealing with individual customer, because of having to stop taking care of the customer in front of us, and answer the phone. More times than I would like to think about, customers are lost because of this lapse in attention they require, or they believe we have abandoned them. I love working for this team of professionals, however I'm only one person, I try to do all I can to promote our store and products. I would like to see, not so much complaining about overtime pay by the upper management, when hiring of more store personel would solve the problem. Thanks for allowing this forum.

386 Other Employee Reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

A great place to work

Current Employee - Inbound Material Handler in Belleville, MI
    Current Employee - Inbound Material Handler in Belleville, MI

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

you are not an employee but a team member. O'reilly autoparts is like a family not just a company. everyone i work with is extremely knowledgeable. They provide great benefits in a time when benefits are hard to come by

Cons

i only get 40 - 50 hours a week. if i could work more i would. i love this job

keep up the good work. the training and personal atmosphere you create is simply the best atmosphere to work in. i am beyond happy with my job

I love working for O'Reilly parts just not in the district I'm in.

Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

You get to meet all kinds of people. You get help the people you meet. and you get a discount on the parts that you need for your car.

Cons

Certain District managers let the money side of it go to their heads and therefore you don't get a raise as often as I think you should.

Loosen up a bit guys. It is about more than just the MONEY! It's about the PEOPLE!

There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts