A great place to work

Current Employee - Inbound Material Handler in Belleville, MI
Current Employee - Inbound Material Handler in Belleville, MI

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

you are not an employee but a team member. O'reilly autoparts is like a family not just a company. everyone i work with is extremely knowledgeable. They provide great benefits in a time when benefits are hard to come by

Cons

i only get 40 - 50 hours a week. if i could work more i would. i love this job

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. the training and personal atmosphere you create is simply the best atmosphere to work in. i am beyond happy with my job

reviews filtered by
  1. i love my job at oreilly and the people i work with

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

the people, my co workers and supervisors at 1404 are the greatest!!!!!! we are a family, we help each other to help our customers its a one for all store,

Cons

not enough counter help, we need at least two more people!!!

2. i love what i do and taking care of everyone i have the honor of dealing with and getting to know.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

The experience and knowledge I have gained from learning about the automotive industry has been great and helpful. Not only learning about the product we sell, but also getting to deal with the installers and sometimes learning from them on how to work on and fix my own and other's vehicle. Gaining knowledge from older employees, and young alike. Also learning from customers just how they want to be dealt with, taken care of, ( even the upset ones that we get ), every single one has helped me see all the different types of people there are that we deal with on a daily basis.

Cons

Not always getting the rotating schedule that use to be for managers and assistant managers. That was one of the perks we use to look foward to when we were working to get promoted. Even now that we have two assistants in our store, and in others......seems like the managers and DM managers seem to forget how much they use to enjoy that perk. They forget just how much we looked forward to it, and now seems like there is a reluctance to even try and make it happen.
    Sometimes the favortism we feel being show towards other employees can be hard also. Whether is always giving someone days and no nights to work. Not trading holidays from year to year.....it can all get a little tiring. Sometimes a little change, just to let the others see that there is some fairness for all can go a long way also.

Advice to Management

don't forget about when you were in our shoes. remember what we sacrifice, and the family time we sacrifice to be at the store also, sometimes more than yall are. a little sacrifice of yalls time to treat us to those rotational schedules would do so much, and let us know just how much we are appreciated by even just you.