O'Reilly Auto Parts

www.oreillyauto.com

Awarding and appreciative.

Current Employee - Parts Specialist  in  Blairsville, GA
Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Blairsville, GA

Pros

Knowledge of parts, and meeting new people are some good reasons to work at O'Reilly's. The best however is feeling like a professional when customers smile.

Cons

The biggest downside of working here is getting paid every two weeks. Another downside of working at a parts store, is sometimes getting blamed for mis-ordered parts.

District managers dont need to "push" the lower ranking employees around and try to threaten them of their jobs. Some store managers need additional training in being professional at ALL times. (Store 1406)

Other reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

I love working for O'Reilly parts just not in the district I'm in.

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX

Pros

You get to meet all kinds of people. You get help the people you meet. and you get a discount on the parts that you need for your car.

Cons

Certain District managers let the money side of it go to their heads and therefore you don't get a raise as often as I think you should.

Loosen up a bit guys. It is about more than just the MONEY! It's about the PEOPLE!

i love what i do and taking care of everyone i have the honor of dealing with and getting to know.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

The experience and knowledge I have gained from learning about the automotive industry has been great and helpful. Not only learning about the product we sell, but also getting to deal with the installers and sometimes learning from them on how to work on and fix my own and other's vehicle. Gaining knowledge from older employees, and young alike. Also learning from customers just how they want to be dealt with, taken care of, ( even the upset ones that we get ), every single one has helped me see all the different types of people there are that we deal with on a daily basis.

Cons

Not always getting the rotating schedule that use to be for managers and assistant managers. That was one of the perks we use to look foward to when we were working to get promoted. Even now that we have two assistants in our store, and in others......seems like the managers and DM managers seem to forget how much they use to enjoy that perk. They forget just how much we looked forward to it, and now seems like there is a reluctance to even try and make it happen.
    Sometimes the favortism we feel being show towards other employees can be hard also. Whether is always giving someone days and no nights to work. Not trading holidays from year to year.....it can all get a little tiring. Sometimes a little change, just to let the others see that there is some fairness for all can go a long way also.

don't forget about when you were in our shoes. remember what we sacrifice, and the family time we sacrifice to be at the store also, sometimes more than yall are. a little sacrifice of yalls time to treat us to those rotational schedules would do so much, and let us know just how much we are appreciated by even just you.

There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!