O'Reilly Media
www.oreilly.com Sebastopol, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Loads of great ideas at ORM.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at O'Reilly Media full-time

ProsSmart co-workers, freedom to experiment, and willing to depart from the status quo made my time at ORM enjoyable. Senior management was also very gracious with paid time off around the holiday season, which made for well rested employees when the new year rolled around.

ConsAt times, there would be too many voices while trying to make a decision on which direction to go. This made for slow progress when testing new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees to do what they do best.

O'Reilly is a decent place to work.

I have been working at O'Reilly Media

Pros: There is a pleasant work environment. The benefits are good,… Cons: Changes are very slow, people seem stuck in doing things the familiar way, work… More

A Company in Decline Since 2001

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at O'Reilly Media

Pros: The company brand still has some cachet, though management and the inner circle ties it strongly to Tim. No one in a professional position has to… Cons: The characterization as "a company lead by a beancounter" is all too accurate. Several promising initiatives have been started, given "full support" by the steering… Advice to Senior Management: Find a strategy--any strategy--you can support for more than 90 days and stick with it long enough to see if it works. If you find… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on O'Reilly Media.

Worked for O'Reilly Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at O'Reilly Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for O'Reilly Media CEO Tim O'Reilly. All reviews posted anonymously by O'Reilly Media employees.