There are newer employer reviews for OHSU

It is a good place to work.

Former Employee - Postdoctoral Researcher in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Postdoctoral Researcher in Portland, OR

I worked at OHSU

Pros

The city is good and very beautiful. The University campus is close to downtown and very convenient for life. The hospital is also very excellent. For people who want to study medical science and want to be doctors, it is a good place to work.

Cons

The university is a medical school. So most of resouces are focusing on medicine science and medical treatment. The biomedical engineering is relatively not strong.

Advice to Management

The univeristy is a very good medical schoool.The university could pay some attention to the development of biomedical engineering. For this purpose, it is necessary to recruit some faculty members with related engineering fields, like mechanical engineering.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great entry point in the medical fields

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at OHSU

Pros

OHSU provides an amazing opportunity to network within the medical field between a wide range of clinical and research professionals. If you're trying to get into any facet of the medical field, I strongly recommend pursuing positions at OHSU,

Cons

Lengthy interview periods, poor HR coordination and transportation to work can be difficult. Be prepared to work in a very fast paced and challenging environment.

Advice to Management

Develop stronger coordination between departments and a stronger system for positive feedback.

2. Mostly positive, wish that employees with poor performance would be let go after so many chances of failing to improve.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Portland, OR

I have been working at OHSU

Pros

I get to do what I love, get paid pretty well, schedule is pretty good, but not ideal.

Cons

Benefits are getting cut each year.

Advice to Management

She is improving every year, she is on the right path.