OHSU
www.ohsu.edu Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

OHSU

I have been working at OHSU full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOHSU offers great benefits and a has a healthy respect for work-life ratio. It makes working at OHSU a pleasant experience.

ConsThe organization is risk averse and is slow to change. Projects are rarely completed on schedule, or on budget. The workplace leans extremely left politically, which can make for some uncomfortable hallway discussions.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to ditch the unions. They do nothing to further the organization's mission and often distract employees from contributing 100% to OHSU's success.

Decent Place to Work

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at OHSU full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: High pay rate, benefits. Nice Campus. Cons: Not much opportunity for growth. Advice to Senior Management: Provide more advancement opportunities for employees that show initiative. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is a good place to work.

Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee)

I worked at OHSU

Pros: The city is good and very beautiful. The University campus is close to downtown and very convenient for life. The hospital is… Cons: The university is a medical school. So most of resouces are focusing… Advice to Senior Management: The univeristy is a very good medical schoool.The university could pay some attention to the development of biomedical… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on OHSU.

Worked for OHSU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OHSU reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OHSU CEO Joseph Robertson Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by OHSU employees.