OHSU
www.ohsu.edu Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Good benefits and good infrastructure.

Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsBecause OHSU is so large, those in the research departments get a lot of infrastructure support. There is support with contract negotiations, grant setup and closing, and IRB applications are pretty smooth. Benefits are also very good. Very generous vacation and sick time, and the health insurance is more than adequate for a 20-something.

ConsResearch jobs vary drastically since researchers get a lot of independence with their labs. Because of this, there may be a good deal of disconnect (with researcher staff in the same department not knowing what other labs are doing).

OHSU

I have been working at OHSU full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: OHSU offers great benefits and a has a healthy respect… Cons: The organization is risk averse and is slow to change. Projects are rarely completed on schedule,… Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to ditch the unions. They do nothing to further… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent Place to Work

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at OHSU full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: High pay rate, benefits. Nice Campus. Cons: Not much opportunity for growth. Advice to Senior Management: Provide more advancement opportunities for employees that show initiative. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on OHSU.

Worked for OHSU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OHSU reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OHSU CEO Joseph Robertson Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by OHSU employees.