OHSU
www.ohsu.edu Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Good benefits, many opportunities, lot of exciting work.

Research Associate (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsCutting edge research and medical care. Also houses schools of medicine, nursing, pharmacy, and ophthalmology. For a large organization it's pretty well-run. Quick hiring process. They have an excellent reputation throughout the state. The benefits, for now, are generous. Good workforce development commitment.

ConsPay is not competitive. Research doesn't compensate for prior years of professional experience.
Battles with union contracts at the same time that the top six executives received over $600,000 dollars in annual bonuses, and the organization was trumpeting their most profitable year ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearer communication as to why cuts in benefits to employees happen concurrently with large Allow opportunities for advancement in a more systematic way.

Good university for post-docs

Senior Research Associate (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at OHSU full-time for more than a year

Pros: The working environment is calm, the city is great, the… Cons: You may need to move to another state after your post-doc… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor management and HR department

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at OHSU full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are some really good researchers and good teachers within… Cons: Unfortunately OHSU is run like a fiefdom, and even within departments where there is a clinical side and an education element, they are at odds,… Advice to Senior Management: People are not just widgets and numbers on a spreadsheet. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on OHSU.

Worked for OHSU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OHSU reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OHSU CEO Joseph Robertson Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by OHSU employees.