OHSU
www.ohsu.edu Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Limited opportunities/

Administrative Support (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at OHSU full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat retirement/health benefits/tends to be easygoing in terms of expectations.

Cons- Limited career opportunities for non-faculty unless you like service/admin roles.
- Leadership concentrated in faculty who have no management training (not a lot of understanding of contemporary management practices).
- Top-down, command and control management style prevails (great for the military)
- Little effort at retaining staff/lots of effort at ensuring faculty is happy and their careers are developed.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed new blood at the top with leaders who have experience at large successful institutions beyond Oregon. Faculty performance should be measured by more than publications/grants generated.

Not the most supportive environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OHSU full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Stability. Once in, it is hard to get fired /… Cons: Support for postdocs is minimal. Tech transfer office does not… Advice to Senior Management: Any sort of management would be helpful. It is non-existent… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

senior research associate

Senior Research Associate (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at OHSU full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: good retirement benefit $ match Cons: Portland does not have many jobs for biologist Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on OHSU.

Worked for OHSU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OHSU reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OHSU CEO Joseph Robertson Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by OHSU employees.