There are newer employer reviews for OHSU

Pleasant place to work, but parking is horrible on the hill.

Former Employee - Research Assistant II  in  Portland, OR
Former Employee - Research Assistant II in Portland, OR

I worked at OHSU

Pros

This varies widely depending on where you work and what capacity you work in within the hospital. I worked in research and enjoyed it. Fortunately I worked with great people. Also, I enjoyed the food options there and the campus is beautiful during the warmer months.

Cons

Unless you are there 5+ years, good luck getting a parking pass. If you drive, want to park at work and are relatively new there you will need to fork $10 a day to park on the hill. I spent a fortune working there for a year. Charging employees the same high rate as anyone else is very unfortunate.

Make parking more realistic for employees who do not want to take the bus.

139 Other Employee Reviews for OHSU (View Most Recent)

OHSU is the best biomedical research institution in Portland, OR

Current Employee - Assistant Professor  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Portland, OR

I have been working at OHSU

Pros

By far the best thing about working at OHSU is the city of Portland. The people at OSHU are very conscientious about their work and generally very helpful and friendly.

Cons

OHSU constantly struggles with financial concerns. It's tough to tell if that's from its pathetic upper management of the University or its paltry endowment. Either way the school seems to be perennially struggling to cut corners.

Catch a clue about long-term financial stability and stop trying to cure cancer in a week.

The only biomedical emphasis university in Portland and Oregon in general.

Current Employee - Senior, Research Associate  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior, Research Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at OHSU

Pros

The overall atmosphere of the research side of OHSU is casual and laid back, even amongst high profile scientists.

Cons

There are VERY limited growth opportunities if you join as a postdoc.

Make the compensation of senior research positions competitive and have more of these positions available since in this job market, postdocs have no place to go and are valuable contributors to the science.

There are newer employer reviews for OHSU

Worked for OHSU? Contribute to the Community!