OMRON

dissastified

Current Employee - Technician
Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at OMRON

Pros

a lot of overtime, sometimes we got maximum 20 hours per week, which gives significant boost to our income.

Cons

mismanagement, some favouritism among employees.

manage it properly, for example 5 million dollar machine was bought only to be used for 4 months, while the revenue not even reach 2 million dollar. How are you going to make money.

the company has been losing money since 2004.
It still afloat because of Japanese keep sending additional money every year.

11 Other Employee Reviews for OMRON (View Most Recent)

Quite positive. One of the few Japanese companies that really takes care of their employees.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at OMRON

Pros

Above average worker benefits in Japan
    It is a company with quite a good reputation. I actually get contacted by recruiters from other companies since I started working here.
    Lots of highly competent and very intelligent coworkers.

Cons

It is still old-fashioned in hiring and will only hire recently graduated students from Japanese universities as life-time employees. They do take foreigners if they also graduated from a Japanese university. Not surprisingly most non-Japanese employees here are Chinese.
    The rest are outsourced from other companies. Probably 60% of the total employees are outsourced from other companies.
    Only in rare cases they do hire people in mid-career. The only one I know of is a coworker who was working in a joint research project between Omron and his university. His research led to being hired here after he finished that project and got a PhD.

I think management has done the right decisions so far. This was one of the few Japanese companies that posted profits in 2011.

Decent Benefits....poor leadership and decision making

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at OMRON

Pros

Pretty good benefits. Some people are good co-workers. Overall it offers a decent work-life balance. Hours are not out of line.

Cons

Poor leadership. Seem very out of touch and only focus on 1 or two business areas while neglecting resources to the remaining company. Inconsistent to poor employee communication.

Need to improve communication. Believe in the goals that you set and dedicate resources to them. Do not just set goals to have something written on paper that may sound good.

There are newer employer reviews for OMRON