ON Search Partners

www.onpartners.com
  www.onpartners.com
There are newer employer reviews for ON Search Partners

An entrepreneurial firm with a pathway to success

Current Employee - Vice President in Solon, OH
Current Employee - Vice President in Solon, OH

I have been working at ON Search Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A highly entrepreneurial firm with a culture of hard work and accountability. Every day you're learning about new companies, new industries, and new technologies. You learn process, organization and people management. You learn how to be a value-add (and trusted) consultant/partner to clients, both internal and external. Different than large firms/companies, here your career path and acceleration rests on your shoulders. The partners are good at what they do. Each one is different. You can learn a lot from them…their style, communication/interactions, how they manage their clients, the search process, etc. They’re successful for a reason. Use that as a foundation and make it your own. They have a genuine and vested interest in your success. Like any "high-reward" opportunity, a great work ethic is required to be successful.

Cons

Balancing multiple projects, all in various stages of the search cycle, can be challenging. No two days are the same. Thick skin is a must. Long hours at times (especially starting out), but not as bad as accounting/law firms.

People development is key. Mentor. Continue to connect the dots/show line-of-sight from associate to partner. The upside is compelling/motivating.

7 Other Employee Reviews for ON Search Partners (View Most Recent)

You work hard, but lean a ton!

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ON Search Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a ton about business models, structures of companies, funding, investment, etc. Learned to be more consultative to clients and candidates. Don't view myself as 'just a recruiter." Culture is one of accountability. If you want to succeed here, you can, but if laid back, not the place for you. Learned about time management, how to manage poeple, how to finish, even when projects are tough. The partners I work with 'care'....want me to succeed. Partners are young, aggressive and very successful. This is motivating. ,

Cons

Some days are good, some are tough. Some projects go well, some do not. There are highs and lows in this business, must learn to manage and press on. In the early part of my training, long hours, many things to learn....this got better as time progressed.

For me, the culture motivates. I see success in front of me. Continue to invest in employee training.

Boutique firm with Tier 1 Executive Search Firm results

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ON Search Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial. ~25 employee firm and growing. Every role matters in this company vs. large corporate cog in the wheel. Very little political nonsense given the size of our firm.

We are an Inc 5000 rapidly growing company in terms of revenue and personnel. We are widely recognized as a top 20 retained executive search firm globally.

High levels of responsibility very quickly. The firm will add to your workload and responsibilities as you are ready.

You are exposed to and are working with some of the most impressive executives, companies, and VC's/PE's in the world early on in your career. This is unmatched in virtually any other career path.

You are learning something new with every single project (new industry, technology, function, talent pool, etc). Good for the intellectually curious.

In terms of work life balance, we work hard but for the most part you manage your own hours/schedule.

Virtually unlimited earning potential in Partnership track.

Cons

This business (not exclusive to this firm) is not for the faint of heart. It is a tough business. The work can be a grind and you have to keep your eye on the prize and remain patient.

Entrepreneurial environment works both ways. Limited structure. A lot of responsibility with limited training. You must be a self starter, no hand holding/limited direction.

Communication is limited at times. It is up to you (individually) to over-communicate with various team-members. If desired, your questions will be answered but it may take some digging/persistence.

A majority of your progression/success lies on your own shoulders. This can be seen as a positive or negative. You are not held back to progress in your role, but you have somewhat limited resources in getting there. You get back what you put in (for the most part).

The good outweighs the bad here.

Leadership is addressing many of the 'cons' listed above.

Keep lines of communication open.

Encourage growth at all levels of the organization and provide specific/defined developmental opportunities for non-partners.

Most importantly, have fun! Continue to explore ways of creating an excellent working culture. We all work very hard, as described. It is important that we have a lot of fun in our day to day to keep spirits/enthusiasm high as we continue to grow as a firm.

There are newer employer reviews for ON Search Partners