There are newer employer reviews for ON Search Partners

Great at self-promotion to clients, lousy at living those values with employees

Former Employee - Anonymous
Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ON Search Partners

Pros

Some of the consultants have been in the industry for years, and came from competitors in which extremely long hours were the norm. So, they understand the requirements to succeed in the business.

Cons

Partners may all carry the same business card but are essentially a group of individual consultants, each with completely different styles. Some partners have solid values, others I would not introduce to even my enemies. Work-life balance is not to be used for the most part. Booking searches strictly for the revenue is rewarded above all else.

What goes around eventually comes back around.

6 Other Employee Reviews for ON Search Partners (View Most Recent)

An entrepreneurial firm with a pathway to success

Current Employee - Vice President in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Vice President in Solon, OH

I have been working at ON Search Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A highly entrepreneurial firm with a culture of hard work and accountability. Every day you're learning about new companies, new industries, and new technologies. You learn process, organization and people management. You learn how to be a value-add (and trusted) consultant/partner to clients, both internal and external. Different than large firms/companies, here your career path and acceleration rests on your shoulders. The partners are good at what they do. Each one is different. You can learn a lot from them…their style, communication/interactions, how they manage their clients, the search process, etc. They’re successful for a reason. Use that as a foundation and make it your own. They have a genuine and vested interest in your success. Like any "high-reward" opportunity, a great work ethic is required to be successful.

Cons

Balancing multiple projects, all in various stages of the search cycle, can be challenging. No two days are the same. Thick skin is a must. Long hours at times (especially starting out), but not as bad as accounting/law firms.

People development is key. Mentor. Continue to connect the dots/show line-of-sight from associate to partner. The upside is compelling/motivating.

You work hard, but lean a ton!

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ON Search Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a ton about business models, structures of companies, funding, investment, etc. Learned to be more consultative to clients and candidates. Don't view myself as 'just a recruiter." Culture is one of accountability. If you want to succeed here, you can, but if laid back, not the place for you. Learned about time management, how to manage poeple, how to finish, even when projects are tough. The partners I work with 'care'....want me to succeed. Partners are young, aggressive and very successful. This is motivating. ,

Cons

Some days are good, some are tough. Some projects go well, some do not. There are highs and lows in this business, must learn to manage and press on. In the early part of my training, long hours, many things to learn....this got better as time progressed.

For me, the culture motivates. I see success in front of me. Continue to invest in employee training.

There are newer employer reviews for ON Search Partners