ON Semiconductor

www.onsemi.com

Acquisition victim of ON's buying spree....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIf you're a Romanian from the Catalyst Acquisition, you're somewhat protected. Incompetence and socially unacceptable behavior are tolerated, even rewarded it seems. On the other hand, if you're from the old Moto clan, you've got a place in Phoenix.

ConsIf you're not a Romanian and you get the pleasure to interface with those people... let's just say it's an experience... but if you're not located in Phoenix, forget about advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't buy a small company to grab the cash in the bank if it's run by idiots that protect "their own" and hire all of their relatives back in the motherland! Do the shareholders a favor and invest in something with some real IP, not a nepotistic jelly-bean commodity house.

It's a Job

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Pocatello, ID

I have been working at ON Semiconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: High paying, especially for the area. Cons: Known for laying people off. Engineers are over worked and expected to perform… Advice to Senior Management: Don't expect engineers to do the job of 3 people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good, but boring.

Manufacturing Process Intern (Former Employee) Gresham, OR

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time for less than a year

Pros: Better pay and benefits than other industries. Cons: Suffers the same problems that all semiconductor manufacturing companies do. The work is repetitive, unrewarding, and unstimulating. It's impossible to make changes, no… Advice to Senior Management: Unshackle your engineers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ON Semiconductor.

Worked for ON Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!