ON Semiconductor
www.onsemi.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

Components manufacturer tries to branch out, not very successfully.

Engineering Management (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt's better than not working. Many good people at the company. You can hide out forever, if you keep your head down.

ConsManagement is very "Motorola" centric. If you're from Moto, you do okay at ON. Otherwise, you are treated like a conquered country. Nobody tells the truth. At the monthly reviews, almost all projects are reported as on time, when most of them are slipping hugely. If you dare to tell the truth, you are shown the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop shooting the messenger. Reward people who are brave enough to speak the truth, regardless of how painful it is. You cannot make good business decisions with bad data.

Good experience

Product Marketing (Former Employee)
    Pocatello, ID

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Management is easy to talk to. Salaries are fair, especially given… Cons: They "have" you because they're the only semiconductor game in… Advice to Senior Management: Get thinking about how you're going to better compete against… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

lack of support from superiors

IT Analyst (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time for less than a year

Pros: Some of the people that I worked with were true and honest. Everyone… Cons: Benefits are cut drastically. HR does not support employees. Staff cuts… Advice to Senior Management: Drastic cuts to staff and benefits are forcing employees and potential employees to look elsewhere.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ON Semiconductor.

Worked for ON Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ON Semiconductor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ON Semiconductor CEO Keith D. Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by ON Semiconductor employees.