ON Semiconductor

www.onsemi.com

Does not hire Qualified Veterans.

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThey looked good at the "Hiring Our Veterans", Job Fair. My friend qualified for the open maintenance technician position. HR saw His resume at the job fair and said to him, "We would like to have you". Thou, HR did not reply to his application and resume.

ConsPolitics, Politics, Politics!!! What a slap in the face to every veteran that applied to ON at the "Hiring Our Veterans", Job Fair. He was told to go online and apply. While all this time they got publicity from the news Paper and TV. They did not want to hire a qualified veteran. If it were not for veterans, there would be no ON. Mad, you bet I am Mad. They used military veterans just for advertizing their company ON name. I plan on quiting.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the very ones whom are willing to die for your freedom. What is wrong with your HR Department? I bet that you could not count the veterans you have hired at ON on one hand. Shame on you!!!

Components manufacturer tries to branch out, not very successfully.

Engineering Management (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's better than not working. Many good people at the company.… Cons: Management is very "Motorola" centric. If you're from Moto, you do okay at ON. Otherwise, you are treated like a conquered country. Nobody tells the… Advice to Senior Management: Stop shooting the messenger. Reward people who are brave enough to speak the truth,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good experience

Product Marketing (Former Employee) Pocatello, ID

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Management is easy to talk to. Salaries are fair, especially given… Cons: They "have" you because they're the only semiconductor game in… Advice to Senior Management: Get thinking about how you're going to better compete against… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on ON Semiconductor.

Worked for ON Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!