There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor

Does not hire Qualified Veterans.

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at ON Semiconductor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They looked good at the "Hiring Our Veterans", Job Fair. My friend qualified for the open maintenance technician position. HR saw His resume at the job fair and said to him, "We would like to have you". Thou, HR did not reply to his application and resume.

Cons

Politics, Politics, Politics!!! What a slap in the face to every veteran that applied to ON at the "Hiring Our Veterans", Job Fair. He was told to go online and apply. While all this time they got publicity from the news Paper and TV. They did not want to hire a qualified veteran. If it were not for veterans, there would be no ON. Mad, you bet I am Mad. They used military veterans just for advertizing their company ON name. I plan on quiting.

Hire the very ones whom are willing to die for your freedom. What is wrong with your HR Department? I bet that you could not count the veterans you have hired at ON on one hand. Shame on you!!!

116 Other Employee Reviews for ON Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Components manufacturer tries to branch out, not very successfully.

Former Employee - Engineering Management  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Engineering Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's better than not working. Many good people at the company. You can hide out forever, if you keep your head down.

Cons

Management is very "Motorola" centric. If you're from Moto, you do okay at ON. Otherwise, you are treated like a conquered country. Nobody tells the truth. At the monthly reviews, almost all projects are reported as on time, when most of them are slipping hugely. If you dare to tell the truth, you are shown the door.

Stop shooting the messenger. Reward people who are brave enough to speak the truth, regardless of how painful it is. You cannot make good business decisions with bad data.

Good experience

Former Employee - Product Marketing  in  Pocatello, ID
    Former Employee - Product Marketing in Pocatello, ID

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Management is easy to talk to. Salaries are fair, especially given the fact we live in a low cost area of the country.

Cons

They "have" you because they're the only semiconductor game in town, and most people don't want to move away.

Get thinking about how you're going to better compete against standard products.

There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor

Worked for ON Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!