There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor

An excellent place to train your off shore replacements

Current Employee - Tax Director in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Tax Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ON Semiconductor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people there really are great to work with. Compensation is decent, benefits are good. IT systems are marginal - designed for minimizing IT cost, not user productity/satisfaction

Cons

Used to have Great people, but whittled down to just good people. Never ending move of jobs offshore, and appearantly no interest in being part of a US jobs program. Work 10-12 hr days, forget a night life with calls to asia.

Consider a profit sharing program, or a much broader stock participation program instead of keeping 90% at the top levels. Stop treating employees like the don't have other options just because there is no work in Phoenix.

123 Other Employee Reviews for ON Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Does not hire Qualified Veterans.

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at ON Semiconductor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They looked good at the "Hiring Our Veterans", Job Fair. My friend qualified for the open maintenance technician position. HR saw His resume at the job fair and said to him, "We would like to have you". Thou, HR did not reply to his application and resume.

Cons

Politics, Politics, Politics!!! What a slap in the face to every veteran that applied to ON at the "Hiring Our Veterans", Job Fair. He was told to go online and apply. While all this time they got publicity from the news Paper and TV. They did not want to hire a qualified veteran. If it were not for veterans, there would be no ON. Mad, you bet I am Mad. They used military veterans just for advertizing their company ON name. I plan on quiting.

Hire the very ones whom are willing to die for your freedom. What is wrong with your HR Department? I bet that you could not count the veterans you have hired at ON on one hand. Shame on you!!!

Components manufacturer tries to branch out, not very successfully.

Former Employee - Engineering Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Engineering Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's better than not working. Many good people at the company. You can hide out forever, if you keep your head down.

Cons

Management is very "Motorola" centric. If you're from Moto, you do okay at ON. Otherwise, you are treated like a conquered country. Nobody tells the truth. At the monthly reviews, almost all projects are reported as on time, when most of them are slipping hugely. If you dare to tell the truth, you are shown the door.

Stop shooting the messenger. Reward people who are brave enough to speak the truth, regardless of how painful it is. You cannot make good business decisions with bad data.

There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor