ON Semiconductor

www.onsemi.com
  www.onsemi.com
There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor

good company for long term

I worked at ON Semiconductor full-time

Pros

stable, get good balance between work and life.

Cons

little opportunity for career improvement.

130 Other Employee Reviews for ON Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

An excellent place to train your off shore replacements

Current Employee - Tax Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Tax Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ON Semiconductor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people there really are great to work with. Compensation is decent, benefits are good. IT systems are marginal - designed for minimizing IT cost, not user productity/satisfaction

Cons

Used to have Great people, but whittled down to just good people. Never ending move of jobs offshore, and appearantly no interest in being part of a US jobs program. Work 10-12 hr days, forget a night life with calls to asia.

Consider a profit sharing program, or a much broader stock participation program instead of keeping 90% at the top levels. Stop treating employees like the don't have other options just because there is no work in Phoenix.

Does not hire Qualified Veterans.

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at ON Semiconductor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They looked good at the "Hiring Our Veterans", Job Fair. My friend qualified for the open maintenance technician position. HR saw His resume at the job fair and said to him, "We would like to have you". Thou, HR did not reply to his application and resume.

Cons

Politics, Politics, Politics!!! What a slap in the face to every veteran that applied to ON at the "Hiring Our Veterans", Job Fair. He was told to go online and apply. While all this time they got publicity from the news Paper and TV. They did not want to hire a qualified veteran. If it were not for veterans, there would be no ON. Mad, you bet I am Mad. They used military veterans just for advertizing their company ON name. I plan on quiting.

Hire the very ones whom are willing to die for your freedom. What is wrong with your HR Department? I bet that you could not count the veterans you have hired at ON on one hand. Shame on you!!!

There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor