ON Semiconductor

www.onsemi.com

Interesting and boring all at once

Intern I (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIntern work load can be a lot, but overall its easy. You never end up taking your work home which is nice. You get the chance to network a lot and during the summer, there is a big emphasis on making sure that interns have fun as there are lots of activities and events going on then.

ConsIf you want a more demanding experience as an intern, intern somewhere else. I personally feel as if I was rarely given any real responsibility and I don't like that. Communication can be good at times, but overall, if unless you're a manager, you tend to be left in the dark. Very siloed mentality overall exists.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-implement the rotational programs! Just be smart about it and actually do them for longer than 6 months if costs are a concern! Most companies attract and retain talent through such programs and they last 18 months per rotation usually. ON is losing out on talented individuals who aren't getting the opportunities to have the kind of experiences that they need coming straight out of college.

Procurement Director screamed and yelled and was highly insulting to both staff and vendors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at ON Semiconductor

Pros: Many of the people in various departments and business units… Cons: Procurement department management drives away staff and insults vendors. Teaming with internal… Advice to Senior Management: Clean house in the Procurement department's management. ON should… More

My experience was ON was invaluable, as i learnt a lot of supply chain concepts, and was able to contribute effectively.

Global Supply Chain (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ON Semiconductor

Pros: It is a growing company in the semiconductor industry. Great… Cons: ON Semiconductor's culture and work environment is a little relaxed. It isn't… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management is doing a great job. They could also work on creating a solid college recuiting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ON Semiconductor.

Worked for ON Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!