There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor

Interesting and boring all at once

Current Employee - Intern I  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Intern I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ON Semiconductor

Pros

Intern work load can be a lot, but overall its easy. You never end up taking your work home which is nice. You get the chance to network a lot and during the summer, there is a big emphasis on making sure that interns have fun as there are lots of activities and events going on then.

Cons

If you want a more demanding experience as an intern, intern somewhere else. I personally feel as if I was rarely given any real responsibility and I don't like that. Communication can be good at times, but overall, if unless you're a manager, you tend to be left in the dark. Very siloed mentality overall exists.

Re-implement the rotational programs! Just be smart about it and actually do them for longer than 6 months if costs are a concern! Most companies attract and retain talent through such programs and they last 18 months per rotation usually. ON is losing out on talented individuals who aren't getting the opportunities to have the kind of experiences that they need coming straight out of college.

116 Other Employee Reviews for ON Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Procurement Director screamed and yelled and was highly insulting to both staff and vendors.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at ON Semiconductor

Pros

Many of the people in various departments and business units are well intentioned and work well together.

Cons

Procurement department management drives away staff and insults vendors. Teaming with internal customers is strongly discouraged. And HR doesn't seem to care.

Clean house in the Procurement department's management. ON should function as a team, and it hasn't been for awhile now.

My experience was ON was invaluable, as i learnt a lot of supply chain concepts, and was able to contribute effectively.

Current Employee - Global Supply Chain  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Global Supply Chain in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ON Semiconductor

Pros

It is a growing company in the semiconductor industry. Great scope for improvement and career opportunities within the Supply Chain Organization.

Cons

ON Semiconductor's culture and work environment is a little relaxed. It isn't a fast paced and dynamic work envirnment if you are expecting one.

Senior Management is doing a great job. They could also work on creating a solid college recuiting plan each year, so that they are able to capture the best talent from well known universities.

There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor

Worked for ON Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!