There are newer employer reviews for ON Semiconductor

Good pay, interesting work, BAD manager!

Current Employee - Systems Technician in Pocatello, ID
Current Employee - Systems Technician in Pocatello, ID

I have been working at ON Semiconductor

Pros

The work is fast paced and interesting. The pay is competitive, and the offered benefits are really good.

Cons

Management is several departments are very poor. This company often promotes based on seniority, not by any measurable leadership abilities.
For example:My manager is really bad at all things related to leadership, but really knows how to do the individual jobs of his team.

Advice to Management

Start hiring managers to lead groups, it will make a difference!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place overall

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ON Semiconductor

Pros

very relax and managements are very nice. They will work with you to become successful in your career. They can be both mentors and your managers.

Cons

It is very hard to understand the acronyms that they talk about in meetings. You are on your own in figuring out what they mean.

2. Interesting and boring all at once

Current Employee - Intern I in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Intern I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ON Semiconductor

Pros

Intern work load can be a lot, but overall its easy. You never end up taking your work home which is nice. You get the chance to network a lot and during the summer, there is a big emphasis on making sure that interns have fun as there are lots of activities and events going on then.

Cons

If you want a more demanding experience as an intern, intern somewhere else. I personally feel as if I was rarely given any real responsibility and I don't like that. Communication can be good at times, but overall, if unless you're a manager, you tend to be left in the dark. Very siloed mentality overall exists.

Advice to Management

Re-implement the rotational programs! Just be smart about it and actually do them for longer than 6 months if costs are a concern! Most companies attract and retain talent through such programs and they last 18 months per rotation usually. ON is losing out on talented individuals who aren't getting the opportunities to have the kind of experiences that they need coming straight out of college.