There are newer employer reviews for ONEOK

"Myth of the Market Based Pay System"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

2 weeks vac from start Average benefits

Cons

Where do I start...... Market Based pay is a big sham. VP sat in the last meeting and simply stated that ONEOK will never be the top pay in any market. If you are just looking for top pay then ONEOK is not for you Per our VP.Then why is our CEO the top paid executive in Tulsa, OK? If I sat in a room with members from other energy companies in tulsa that do the same job I would be embarrased to bring up what I make yearly for the job. Your lower level supervisor's won't argue with you during reviews as they know this is true and losing people left and right because of it. Keep trying to push wellness programs to finally catch up to what the rest of the industry has had or been available for the last 5 years. Oneok just talks and preaches wellness. They don't offer anything you couldn't go out and get on your own dime and probably should. Should offer some benefit dollars for keeping fit and maintaining good health.

Advice to Management

Bring up the payscale for your employee's that still perform and even try to go above and beyond. Most are still trying to do an exceptional job for you. Let the folks that simply show up and sit on their rumps reap the supposed benefits of the market based pay and reward the people that you would like to see stick around and devolop into to leaders of this company. Stop bringing in new hire trainee's at with '0" experience at pay that people with 5-10 years are barely at. Makes no sense and only angers the people that have fought,kicked, and scratched for every raise they have received.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to work but with a bit of bureacracy

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, everyone wants and tries to do a first rate job. There's minimal micromanagement so you are in charge of getting your own job done correctly. Benefits are excellent but they are less generous than other large O&G companies. Good work/life balance as long as you don't over commit yourself to too many projects.

Cons

You don't want to do to well otherwise you'll be promoted up and have to move to lame Tulsa. With any company this size, there's going to be a bit of bureaucracy. It's a bit difficult to navigate at first since everyone expects you to just know who to talk to.

Advice to Management

Be quicker to make decisions. There seems to be a lot of effort and money spent treading water when the direction is plainly obvious.

If your not a yes man then forget it.

Current Employee - Operator in Mont Belvieu, TX
    Current Employee - Operator in Mont Belvieu, TX

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Its a pay check and a JOB. The benefits are better than having none at all.

Cons

Everything! Micromanagement from the top (Tulsa office cause they are KINGS) down. The Market based pay structor is used to not give any raises or salary adjustments. According to Oneok the market has not changed for 2 years and for some 4 years. Other companies have giving 3 to 3.5% COL's. If your not in the clique your're an expendable employee. Some have lost 5 to 7% bring home pay since we have been with Oneok. Not competitive as far as operations group, for the industry standard.

Advice to Management

Get all the Ex-Koch and Enron folks out of the top positions in Tulsa. Koch was a horrible company to work for and Oneok has just be a name change and the culture has stayed the same.