Great Fortune 200 Company

Current Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strategic direction is focused and on track Does not over reach its influence Does not over react

Cons

Salary at Market to just below market Health Insurance not as strong as other companies

Other Employee Reviews for ONEOK

1. Awesome company

Current Employee - Management in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Management in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

work environment, people, pay, benefits, opportunity

Cons

Large company. Some things move slow.

"Myth of the Market Based Pay System"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

2 weeks vac from start Average benefits

Cons

Where do I start...... Market Based pay is a big sham. VP sat in the last meeting and simply stated that ONEOK will never be the top pay in any market. If you are just looking for top pay then ONEOK is not for you Per our VP.Then why is our CEO the top paid executive in Tulsa, OK? If I sat in a room with members from other energy companies in tulsa that do the same job I would be embarrased to bring up what I make yearly for the job. Your lower level supervisor's won't argue with you during reviews as they know this is true and losing people left and right because of it. Keep trying to push wellness programs to finally catch up to what the rest of the industry has had or been available for the last 5 years. Oneok just talks and preaches wellness. They don't offer anything you couldn't go out and get on your own dime and probably should. Should offer some benefit dollars for keeping fit and maintaining good health.

Advice to Management

Bring up the payscale for your employee's that still perform and even try to go above and beyond. Most are still trying to do an exceptional job for you. Let the folks that simply show up and sit on their rumps reap the supposed benefits of the market based pay and reward the people that you would like to see stick around and devolop into to leaders of this company. Stop bringing in new hire trainee's at with '0" experience at pay that people with 5-10 years are barely at. Makes no sense and only angers the people that have fought,kicked, and scratched for every raise they have received.