ONEOK

A disappointing experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at ONEOK full-time

Pros

Reputable for being a company that is difficult to gain employment from, indicates a prestigious environment. I was pleased with my pay and most of my co-workers were genuinely wonderful people. Their vacation policy is better than most companies because they give you extra hours of vacation depending on your years of experience in that field.

Cons

I took the job knowing it wouldn't be my preferred working environment, but hopeful I would move into a different group in a relatively short amount of time. They changed the transfer policy to a one-year waiting period within a few months of my employment but made exceptions at their own discretion. Other policies were similarly left up to manager discretion which allowed disparity in treatment of employees across departments; this caused contention and created morale issues. Their benefits appear to be fruitful on the surface but when claims were paid you realized the lack of actual coverage. They terminate insurance coverage on the day you leave vs. the end of the month, which is outside the norm of typical group insurance benefits.

Listen to feedback from your employees and pay close attention to turnover statistics in each group and department. Assess the information and make decisions based on that data. Keep an open mind and always explore the perceptions of your employees before making decisions that will ultimately harm the working relationship beyond repair. I experienced that frustration firsthand but also heard negative feedback from retirees in that regard.

28 Other Employee Reviews for ONEOK (View Most Recent)

Great Fortune 200 Company

Current Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strategic direction is focused and on track
    Does not over reach its influence
    Does not over react

Cons

Salary at Market to just below market
    Health Insurance not as strong as other companies

Awesome company

Current Employee - Management in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Management in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

work environment, people, pay, benefits, opportunity

Cons

Large company. Some things move slow.

There are newer employer reviews for ONEOK