ONEOK

There are newer employer reviews for ONEOK

Great entry level work

Former Employee - IT Specialist (Development/Programmer Analyst) in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - IT Specialist (Development/Programmer Analyst) in Tulsa, OK

I worked at ONEOK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good atmosphere most of the IT techs and SME's are good to work with and if your in a position to do so you can learn a lot . I would not keep this position long term though maybe while your finishing college no more then 2 years max this is the type of environment you will outgrow very fast .

Cons

If your looking at doing busy work for a living do not work in the Service Desk . There are limits as to how far you can take issues . Rather or not your idea's are good or liked will not matter . As you will be a contractor and treated as such . It's common for energy company's to contract out most of their work but they want you to bend over backwards for the same pay no matter what shift or hours you work.

When you want to get ride of someone just say so do not make up reasons / excuses Do not hide . Communication is an important aspect of management and any individual with experience and or education knows that . Your environment is very predictable . As such is the reason for your personnel turnaround .

30 Other Employee Reviews for ONEOK (View Most Recent)

Lost in transition

Current Employee - Technical Training Supervisor in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Technical Training Supervisor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ONEOK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

2 weeks vac to start ,6% match on 401K,On site cafeteria, free parking, paid tuition assistance, full of friendly hardworking people.

Cons

Market based pay is well under actual market. WELL UNDER! 2014 strategic guide was all about Northern assets when existing assets need attention. Lack of wellness and healthcare programs for a Fortune 500 and still no GYM in corporate headquarters.

Take a look at other successful companies that do the same business as we do and look at what they offer their employees. The motto is attract,develop, and retain yet a person with 10 years served can go less than a mile and work for a competitor making much more to start. Bright young people only start here to get work experience then leave to make money. It's the way it's always been.

Good company, under pays.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I worked at ONEOK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome orientation program. Strong steady company. Good environment.

Cons

Below market pay.

Consider setting up a longer orientation program where you allow your new hires to advance. I know several who wanted to advance but weren't given the chance so they left and advanced elsewhere, including myself. I enjoyed my time there but you've got to reward innovation and drive more than you do.

There are newer employer reviews for ONEOK