OPNET

www.riverbed.com
  www.riverbed.com
There are newer employer reviews for OPNET

Great products - extremely micro managed

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bethesda, MD

I worked at OPNET

Pros

Great products and technology, very smart people work and run the company. The management is very responsive to customer needs. The mgr.do things first class,very detailed and don't cut corners on things.

Cons

This company invented the term micro managed. You'd be extremely hard pressed to find another company that's more micro managed, the cultre is manage by fear not only sales but most dept.'s in the company. The pay for s/wsales is way below the industry for what your asked to do. Loved the products but wouldn't go back for twice the $$.

I don't have any because they wouldn't listen anyway. From their perspective they've been successful doing it their way why change,

46 Other Employee Reviews for OPNET (View Most Recent)

The brothers can be hard to work for but you can do well if you're good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at OPNET

Pros

Great products
    Great people
    Solid financials
    A great company to have on your resume if you make it 3+ years
    One of the most successful public software companies in the last 10 years!

Cons

Senior leaders can be unreasonable and rude.
    Heavy micromanagement.
    Very politically charged. Make sure you are in lock step with the brothers.

You've done an exceptional job hiring and growing middle managers. Give them more authority and ownership in the company.

Great for the resume, stay for a few years and go

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at OPNET

Pros

The people are geniuses there. The environment is such that information sharing between people is great. A great place to learn

Small and powerful company that lets you run the show. I have learned so much about all parts of a software company as I participated in the sales to software creation to contracts process

The products are well made and well appreciated. The successes will make you look like a hero to the customers

Cons

The pay structure looks to be for new engineers. The benefits and promotion cycle is suited to those starting their career.

There is a ton of turn over with employees. Nobody leaves and says 'I hated OPNET.' They leave and say 'great opportunities but now I want to take care of my own'

For this reason, most people are quite young there, under 35.

The employment model is working. Making it easy to stay a long time will change the model and thus change the company. It produces good results just not long term careers at the company

There are newer employer reviews for OPNET