OSIsoft

www.osisoft.com

Collaborative and friendly work environment, but undergoing many significant changes

Employee (Current Employee) San Leandro, CA

ProsThe people at OSIsoft are what make the company. Everybody is very approachable and helpful when they can be. At this point, there is no micromanagement which is a huge plus for me. Technical support is a fairly autonomous position, so it is nice that the managers keep their eyes on the big picture.

ConsSome significant restructuring is happening within OSIsoft Tech Support. As the company grows, they are trying to mimic the more structured hierarchies of larger companies. This means they are adding ranking to your title (TSE I, TSE II, etc) which may add some constrictions in terms of advancement for employees, but it may not. It is too early to tell.

Also, as other reviews have mentioned, it is becoming somewhat harder to advance within the company, especially as it gets larger. Moving across departments (Tech Support -> Engineering) is not an easy feat, as Tech Support will not want to let you go and Engineering isn't in a hurry to hire developers internally. However, I do believe that if you prove yourself as a valuable asset that advancement is possible; it might just take some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain a close relationship with each of your employees, while avoiding micromanaging. Determine where the employee wants to go and help them figure out how they can get there. Give more constant personal feedback and ask for feedback from your employees.

Best company I have ever worked for.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at OSIsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: OSIsoft's commitment to their employees is outstanding. They are great at working with employees to help balance work and life. OSIsoft is also on the… Cons: The biggest con is that it is a small company turning into a bigger company.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people, decent software, sad headquarter premises.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Leandro, CA

I have been working at OSIsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros: The people are terrific, skilled, smart, friendly, very hard-working. Upper management is very communicative. The company is *very*… Cons: San Leandro HQ is slightly disgusting, cramped, borderline filthy. There's talk of a new building but no ground has been broken. Perks are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on OSIsoft.

Worked for OSIsoft? Contribute to the Community!