OSIsoft
www.osisoft.com San Leandro, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Nice people, but organization leaves something to be desired

Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee)
San Leandro, CA

I have been working at OSIsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros- Friendly, very trustworthy people
- Fairly rational approach to money usage
- Comparatively tight-knit feel for an expanding company
- Opportunity to get into small, conservative projects
- Perfectly fine place to be for now

Cons- Scattered departments
- Poor communication between business and technical segments of company
- Never retires products (which is easier to do initially, but becomes significantly harder over time)
- Some questionable personnel decisions
- Taking a larger proportion of undergraduates who lack experience in critical thinking and not training them
- Tech support is where people come in, but not where they want to stay

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lot of opportunity that we haven't put to full use yet. Tech support bears a large burden of the business, but does not seem to be given much power to drive changes to let them do their job better. Assorted departments are pulling in opposite directions, and there is increasing confusion and inefficiency. The company is no longer at a size that one can "just walk up to any open door," yet there still seems to be a misconception that good ideas are actually getting to management's door. Instead good ideas are getting cast aside without bubbling up, lost in an unspoken hierarchy.

There's some great talent still in the company and hopefully they can be given more freedom and opportunity to drive new projects that span multiple departments. We need to prepare for a time when the memories of the open-door days are gone, because with some foresight, we can position ourselves to foster internal growth and have fresh ideas, even as we get bigger.

Collaborative and friendly work environment, but undergoing many significant changes

Employee (Current Employee)
San Leandro, CA

I have been working at OSIsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros: The people at OSIsoft are what make the company. Everybody is very approachable and helpful when they can be. At this point, there… Cons: Some significant restructuring is happening within OSIsoft Tech Support. As the company grows, they are trying to mimic the more structured hierarchies of larger… Advice to Senior Management: Maintain a close relationship with each of your employees, while avoiding micromanaging. Determine where the employee wants to go and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

intern

Intern (Current Employee)
San Leandro, CA

I have been working at OSIsoft as an intern for less than a year

Pros: friendly coworkers/great interaction good company culture Cons: position was new, so sometimes what to do wasn't too… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on OSIsoft.

Worked for OSIsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OSIsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OSIsoft CEO J. Patrick Kennedy. All reviews posted anonymously by OSIsoft employees.