OST

There are newer employer reviews for OST

Great Company, Great People

Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at OST full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best people of have worked with in my career. They have a great team there, very smart and energizing.
Excellent train opportunities, they take the time to make sure all employees are very versed in CMMI, ISO and technical skills.
My manager was always very helpful in making sure my career goals were met. She was always available to address concerns and lend a helping hand, while always being open minded to my requests and/or concerns. One of the best managers I had in my career.
I was always happy with my compensation and benefits.
Fun events for employees year around.

Cons

Better benefits for employees with families, cost.
Offer more telecommute options for employees.

Listen to employees more, they are your eyes and ears on the ground for projects.

39 Other Employee Reviews for OST (View Most Recent)

The place to be in you want to grow faster than your peers...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at OST full-time

Pros

- If you take initiative, you can grow faster than others in the industry. Things are not handed to you on a platter, but if you are a go-getter, there is no limit.
    - I have had to work really hard but with the opportunities I was provided, I have grown a lot faster than a lot of my peers in other companies/industries have not been able to keep up. This is not because they didn't try but because the opportunities come only after a LONG wait.
    - You have to be long term greedy - they pay extremely well but you have to earn it. A lot of the fortune 500 companies have this model. Makes sense, right - if you invest in the company, they will invest in you.
    - They help you change "jobs" internally if what you are doing is not aligned with your career goals. They actually make the introductions and "pitch" you to managers where you are a better fit.

Cons

- This originates from the recent growth spurt we have had (last two years) - need more communication and flow of information.
    - Recent changes like Lunch with Leadership are a huge hit. We need more interaction with executives and BUL's.

I know you are doing this more this year - but get out there and tell your story. A lot of the good you do gets hidden. In this day and age - you need to blow your own trumpet sometimes.

Great Place to work with many opportunities and exposure to various technologies

Current Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at OST full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company with co-workers that really have a passion for their job. Everybody works hard to keep their customers happy and is always looking for a more efficient to work out a solution .

Cons

Need to be able to work as a team and be flexible in finding solutions. Benefits are great per industry standard nothing extra ordinary .

Need to give additional training to the employees, create more team events

There are newer employer reviews for OST