OTR Global

www.otrglobal.com
  www.otrglobal.com
There are newer employer reviews for OTR Global

Legitimate employer, work from home

Former Employee - Senior Reporter in Roswell, NM
Former Employee - Senior Reporter in Roswell, NM

I worked at OTR Global part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home is awesome. Pay was good, but used to be a lot better. Mostly great co-workers. Training was with a mentor, and mine was excellent.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get assignments. I had no trouble as long as my editor loved me. But a new editor had another favorite and my ability to get assignments dropped significantly. Very difficult to get past my editor to another layer of management in order to remedy the problem. I was laid off due to cost cutting, but I got a decent severance package after 10 years of employment.

Recognize how easy it is for Editors or Senior Reporters to pass blame down when it is really their own responsibility. If someone is always making excuses, maybe the problem is them, not the scapegoats they pick. And if someone has a long track record, but suddenly is getting bad feedback, consider the source of the feedback.

6 Other Employee Reviews for OTR Global (View Most Recent)

Intern

I have been working at OTR Global

Pros

Great environment, very laid back. Serious when it had to be.

Cons

Not enough upward mobility it seems like generally.

Unethical towards employees

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OTR Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice, bright, and talented co-workers; decent pay, interesting subjects.

Cons

I worked at OTR Global for a couple years. They called a bunch of us up one day and laid everybody off - No warning, no reason given. One day working, the next day gone. It was quite a blow for those of us who were dedicated employees and were consistently told we were doing great work. In fact, the owner didn't even know who I was when he laid me off. A couple years later I see an ad for the same positiion I had done. For the heck of it, I applied. I hear NOTHING back from them, which is odd, given that they told me I did such a wonderful job for them.
    The owners are salesmen types - gung-ho and full of hype in a phony way.

Be genuine, ethical and honest with your employees. Any company that lays off employees with NO notice what-so-ever is a company employees would legitimately not want to work for. Clearly, they don't give a damn about the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for OTR Global