OTR Global

www.otrglobal.com

Legitimate employer, work from home

Senior Reporter (Former Employee) Roswell, NM

ProsWorking from home is awesome. Pay was good, but used to be a lot better. Mostly great co-workers. Training was with a mentor, and mine was excellent.

ConsSometimes difficult to get assignments. I had no trouble as long as my editor loved me. But a new editor had another favorite and my ability to get assignments dropped significantly. Very difficult to get past my editor to another layer of management in order to remedy the problem. I was laid off due to cost cutting, but I got a decent severance package after 10 years of employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize how easy it is for Editors or Senior Reporters to pass blame down when it is really their own responsibility. If someone is always making excuses, maybe the problem is them, not the scapegoats they pick. And if someone has a long track record, but suddenly is getting bad feedback, consider the source of the feedback.

Unethical towards employees

Rather Not Say (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at OTR Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some nice, bright, and talented co-workers; decent pay, interesting subjects. Cons: I worked at OTR Global for a couple years. They called a bunch of us up one day and laid everybody off - No warning,… Advice to Senior Management: Be genuine, ethical and honest with your employees. Any company that lays off employees with NO notice what-so-ever is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great people - very pleasant place to work.

I have been working at OTR Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The ability to network with people and learn from them.… Cons: Very flat organization - very little changes Advice to Senior Management: Encourage more cross training to facilitate employee development and business… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on OTR Global.

Worked for OTR Global? Contribute to the Community!