OTR Global

www.otrglobal.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for OTR Global

Intellectually challenging workplace with unique global insights shared on a daily basis.

I have been working at OTR Global full-time

Pros

Flexible work location, most employees work where they wish. Constantly learning about new industries and companies. Extensive history doing marketplace checks. Agile firm that is constantly looking ahead to new opportunities to best serve its client base.

Cons

Working with global teams can lead to around the clock work schedules, but there are ways to balance this load with careful scheduling and lots of communication.

Continue clearly communicating the direction of the company.

7 Other Employee Reviews for OTR Global (View Most Recent)

Legitimate employer, work from home

Former Employee - Senior Reporter in Roswell, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Reporter in Roswell, NM

I worked at OTR Global part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home is awesome. Pay was good, but used to be a lot better. Mostly great co-workers. Training was with a mentor, and mine was excellent.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get assignments. I had no trouble as long as my editor loved me. But a new editor had another favorite and my ability to get assignments dropped significantly. Very difficult to get past my editor to another layer of management in order to remedy the problem. I was laid off due to cost cutting, but I got a decent severance package after 10 years of employment.

Recognize how easy it is for Editors or Senior Reporters to pass blame down when it is really their own responsibility. If someone is always making excuses, maybe the problem is them, not the scapegoats they pick. And if someone has a long track record, but suddenly is getting bad feedback, consider the source of the feedback.

Overall, a good experience. Niche business that has been growingly saturated by other competitors.

I worked at OTR Global

Pros

Nice office and nice people. The traders are a ton of fun to chat with.

Cons

Work can get monotnous and the office is usually very quiet for most of the day, except the trading floor.

There are newer employer reviews for OTR Global