There are newer employer reviews for OU Medical Center

OU Medical Care Center

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I worked at OU Medical Center

Pros

Great place to work, collaborative and friendly environment. The annual check-up attracts many OU students, and receives good feedback from those who used the service.

Cons

Currently I can think of nothing. All the employees were enjoying many benefits from the current policy. Although, sometime the workload could be heavy.

Keep doing what you are doing. Even though I have no longer been working at OU Medical Care center, I would definitely recommend my friends if they want to work there.

20 Other Employee Reviews for OU Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Stable and frustrating

I have been working at OU Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice healthcare benefits if you use an HCA facility.
    Decent amount of vacation time.
    An honest attempt each year to get employee feedback and act on it.
    Good pay.
    Respectful, friendly place to work - if you are respectful and friendly yourself.
    Various events for employees through the year.
    Intense focus on improving the patient experience.
    Stable industry, and a stable place to work.
    Lots of construction going on and planned - which can also be a source of frustration.

Cons

You have to use vacation time for everything - there are no "paid holidays". So, when they tell you that you get "X" number of days off each year, keep in mind you're using it for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc.
    Lots of trainings you have to do that has nothing (or little) to do with your job.
    Surprised at some of the doctors who are NOT covered by the health plans.
    Surprised at the limited number of mental health professionals covered by the health plans.
    Overly cautious and fearful in many circumstances in how they communicate with employees.
    Crowded - lack of space in all facilities.
    Most employees have to park a few blocks away and shuttle to/from the hospital.
    Lengthy screening process to complete after accepting a job offer and before you can start work. Unless you plan to give a month's notice at your current employer, you're likely to have to sit on the news for a couple of weeks before giving notice.
    You can literally be fired for being excellent at your job but horrible at dealing with people. (I don't see it as a con myself, but some would.)
    HR can be pretty heavy handed and over-involved at times.

I hope our new CEO will not be as abrasive and he's seemed at times up until now. Great hopes for the future.

Dont work in Peds ER

Current Employee - EMT
    Current Employee - EMT

I have been working at OU Medical Center

Pros

Exciting and Fun
    Docs are nice

Cons

Nurses are not nice, have their on click which includes the manager. If you voice your opinion, its not heard.

Be Fair