OUP USA

www.oup.com

Awesome place to work!

Assistant Editor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHave to say I love this place. I like working independently, my boss has provided me with ample opportunity to work at moving up (and did in fact promote me), and has encouraged me to gain acquisitions experience. Good benefits, and a pretty casual environment. Also, the president is really great. Takes the time to talk to everybody, is very open and honest, and has an excellent knowledge of the industry. Anybody who doesn't succeed here or get something meaningful out of the experience wasn't really trying.

ConsLow pay, but what do you expect from a not-for-profit academic publisher? Also, publishing is a topsy-turvy field right now, but what isn't?

Advice to Senior ManagementI got nothing, except maybe try to get all the departments paperless. Makes everything so much faster. It would also be awesome if some kind of cross-the-pond exchange could be done, especially for people lower down...

It is a great place to learn and gain valuable work experience.

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at OUP USA

Pros: Your co-workers count on you to do work and you can rely on them in return. Starting… Cons: A lot of turn-over, constantly re-structuring. Advice to Senior Management: Hire more assistants to take care of administrative work for… More

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at OUP USA

Pros: Good benefits, half days in summer Cons: Not much support from supervisors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on OUP USA.

Worked for OUP USA? Contribute to the Community!