Oak Beverages
www.oakbeveragesinc.com Blauvelt, NY

Rude, condescending, vulgar and unprofessional upper management.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Blauvelt, NY

ProsWorking for a beer distributor is kind of a perk in and of itself, and they do give you a generous employee discount on their products. Also, there is great camaraderie between sales reps and lower-level management, I suppose as a result of our understanding that the company treats everyone equally terribly.

ConsWhere to begin... What they pay is not remotely close to enough to live on anywhere in the NY metro area. Monthly incentives and supplier incentives are paid 5-6 months late if even at all. When management closes the office due to inclement weather they dock all employees a vacation day. In the time I worked there I was promised three different promotions, none of which ever materialized. They provide horrendous customer service, including but not limited to refusing to accept returns of defective kegs, damaged cases and outdated product, which in turn reflects poorly on the sales reps. Upper-level management scream, yell, curse and belittle everyone below them as if they are all idiots with no idea how to do their jobs, and purposely keep objectives, policies and rules vague and undocumented so they can change them to suit their purposes as they see fit and without notifying anyone of the changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe guidelines of this website will not permit me to say what I would really like to tell the management of Oak Beverages.

Not a bad place to work

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Oak Beverages full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I understood the monthly incentive program, and hit it every month. Those that ignore this, won't make the great money. Good place to work if you… Cons: Oak is slow in paying out the bonuses, so you are usually 30… Advice to Senior Management: Need a faster inventory system Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

What it is like to work here

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Oak Beverages full-time for less than a year

Pros: You get to meet some really nice customers Cons: This is not a 40 hour a week job. You wind up working evening and weekends… More
There are newer reviews on Oak Beverages.

Worked for Oak Beverages? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oak Beverages reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oak Beverages CEO Debra E. Boening. All reviews posted anonymously by Oak Beverages employees.