There are newer employer reviews for Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Good company unless you get injured

Former Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Auburn, WA
Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Auburn, WA

I worked at Oak Harbor Freight Lines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good union benefits, good pay, good hours. Was able to get forklift certefied on site

Cons

When you get injured like I did they forget about you like they did for me. Didn't offer light duty

Fire yourselfs

12 Other Employee Reviews for Oak Harbor Freight Lines (View Most Recent)

Use to be a place you were proud to work for. Those days are a memory now.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Pros

They are union. Teamsters, even the office staff. Union benefits are great and support working families, improving the quality of life.

Cons

Ownership greed and lack of caring for long time employees. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Most management are new to the company and don't truly have long time employees respect.

You can't put a price on loyalty and hardworking employees, no matter what the hourly wage says. Those are priceless. Stop trying to micromanage employees. We are all trained at our jobs and are capable of being productive and contributing to the success of Oak Harbor without much input from management.

Great company if you're at a Non-union terminal

Current Employee - Driver  in  Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Driver in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Pros

Great pay, and benefits. company cares. In spite of all the mud slinging from the union if you look outside oak Harbor where else are you going to get 21.00 per hour with full family medical and a company paid for pension. I make enough to allow my wife to stay home and raise our kids and we still have enough to have fun.

Cons

part of the company are represented by teamsters union. the drivers don't get it that the teamsters fight with the company is all about maintaining thier trust funds, it really has nothing to do with what is good for employees. if the union could keep their trust funds in the contract by throwing the employees under the bus they would. fortunately the owners care more for their employees than the union does.

get the best deal you can in the negotiations. educate the employees on what the union representatives are really like.

There are newer employer reviews for Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Worked for Oak Harbor Freight Lines? Contribute to the Community!