Oakley
www.oakley.com Foothill Ranch, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

This company doesn't value their employees the way that they should.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsOakley is great when it comes to the lifestyle of the company. They host fun events, like dress up days, soap box races, and even giant slip and slides. The discount is extremely nice as well.

ConsThe upper management in this company are extremely biased. They let emotions get involved in their job, hold grudges, pick favorites, and don't give credit where credit is deserved. If you want to work for Oakley and work your way up to a higher position, good luck! There are so many corporate politics involved that unless you enjoy having brown on your nose 24-7 you won't go far. The pay is by far an embarrassment. You might as well work for nothing. They keep part time employees just below full time hours to prevent having to give them benefits. The higher ups do nothing but focus on the negatives and never show gratitude to the employees that are doing all of the hard work. They weed out all of their best employees that know they aren't being treated right because they know someone else is lined up willing to take their job for less. Not to mention the quality of the products has gone down significantly since the buy out a few years ago. Overall, I think that Oakley seems like a great company to work for from the outsider looking in but it's not until you work there that you realize it isn't what it's cracked up to be. I'd rather sit at a desk, be appreciated for my hard work, and get better pay than have slip and slides to make up for being treated like crap, and getting paid pennies to work myself to the bone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management in this company needs an overhaul. HR regulations need to be inputted on a stronger level, not at a lower employee level but at the upper management level. Management needs to stop letting their personal feelings conflict with their ability to perform as a manager.

Great work enviroment

Sales Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oakley part-time for more than a year

Pros: Really relaxed and casual work environment where you have no… Cons: Hard to make a jump from retail to corporate, and… Advice to Senior Management: Do not be afraid to look at your young sales team coming… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The all believe in their own HYPE.

I have been working at Oakley full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great discounts on products, can bring dog to work occasionally. Cons: The pay is disgraceful, but they got them lined up at the door begging to get in because it's… Advice to Senior Management: Stop drinking your own Kool-Aid. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Oakley.

Worked for Oakley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oakley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oakley CEO Colin Baden. All reviews posted anonymously by Oakley employees.