Oakley
www.oakley.com Foothill Ranch, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Company but Little Focus on Front Line (Retail)

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsDiscounts are fantastic, company growth, laid back atmosphere. Besides pay, Oakley takes care of their employees. Allotment for clothing every quarter doesn't suck at all, neither does the steep discount on glasses. All they ask is to where an Oakley shirt. Dress code is extremely lax.

Challenging work atmosphere but beneficial with that big sale. Having customers return to see you on such a long repurchase item is rewarding.

ConsThe pay for their retail associates is horrid. Evaluations for a raise can only be done once a year and are extremely minimal. Chance at making commission, yes, but usually not an amount worth bragging about. If you don't make the monthly numbers, you just worked your ass off for minimum pay and no commission.

Opportunity to advance is limited. Outside hires with no experience beat out knowledgeable employees with experience.

The learning curve can be steep for some. There is a lot to know about glasses and the lens types.

The most obvious con is having to work retail. Watch out for the group of foreigners to come in and trash your T-shirt table that just took an hour to organize!

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the commission plan, you'll reduce your employee turnover with better pay. If I knew I was getting even 1% guaranteed commission on all my sales, you bet your ass I'm going to work to sell more. If month isn't going to be made, I won't even try to sell anymore.

Luxottica needs to give more power back to Oakley HQ. We're becoming just like all the other brands they own. We have always been known to be different, so let us be different! All this made in China isn't cutting it and our customers are taking notice.

Oakley Employee Store. No brainer job, no desire for growth opportunities!!!

Management (Former Employee)
    Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Oakley part-time for more than a year

Pros: Only skilled required is know how to fold a t-shirt. … Cons: Work hard does not pay off. Compensation is very poor. Bonus structure is ONLY for upper management. Favoritism by upper management.… Advice to Senior Management: Length of employment does not always mean they are the most qualified person for the job. Show more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Oakley

I have been working at Oakley

Pros: great staff- I enjoyed the people the most Cons: There is never a set schedule More
There are newer reviews on Oakley.

Worked for Oakley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oakley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oakley CEO Colin Baden. All reviews posted anonymously by Oakley employees.