There are newer employer reviews for Oakley

Oakley can be a good place to work for a few years....

Current Employee - Management in Foothill Ranch, CA
Current Employee - Management in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at Oakley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, product discount, culture, good résumé builder

Cons

No career path, salary is low. No leadership

More holidays, half day fridays

155 Other Employee Reviews for Oakley (View Most Recent)

Oakley Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Oakley part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, brand is awesome, young crew

Cons

It is hard to move up.

hire more people who are driven by the brand

Great Company but Little Focus on Front Line (Retail)

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Oakley part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discounts are fantastic, company growth, laid back atmosphere. Besides pay, Oakley takes care of their employees. Allotment for clothing every quarter doesn't suck at all, neither does the steep discount on glasses. All they ask is to where an Oakley shirt. Dress code is extremely lax.

Challenging work atmosphere but beneficial with that big sale. Having customers return to see you on such a long repurchase item is rewarding.

Cons

The pay for their retail associates is horrid. Evaluations for a raise can only be done once a year and are extremely minimal. Chance at making commission, yes, but usually not an amount worth bragging about. If you don't make the monthly numbers, you just worked your ass off for minimum pay and no commission.

Opportunity to advance is limited. Outside hires with no experience beat out knowledgeable employees with experience.

The learning curve can be steep for some. There is a lot to know about glasses and the lens types.

The most obvious con is having to work retail. Watch out for the group of foreigners to come in and trash your T-shirt table that just took an hour to organize!

Change the commission plan, you'll reduce your employee turnover with better pay. If I knew I was getting even 1% guaranteed commission on all my sales, you bet your ass I'm going to work to sell more. If month isn't going to be made, I won't even try to sell anymore.

Luxottica needs to give more power back to Oakley HQ. We're becoming just like all the other brands they own. We have always been known to be different, so let us be different! All this made in China isn't cutting it and our customers are taking notice.

There are newer employer reviews for Oakley