There are newer employer reviews for Oakley

Fun, refreshing place to be....

Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Foothill Ranch, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at Oakley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Office culture is fun - especially the casual dress work environment, and openness to new ideas in making things better. Employee store allotment is amazing too! Benefits are very good and inexpensive, the O Positive health clinic, gym and gym classes on site are the best part of benefits. Some management is great and some are not so great.

Cons

Technology would be the biggest thing needed to improve - there are too many manual processes and fixes when the fix needs to be to invest in its technology. From what I understand, there have been some improvements on this but it could still be better. Vacation needs to be improved - 2 weeks for professional exempt levels is too low to be competitive. Furlough for the week of Christmas should be paid, where employees don't have to use their vacation days. There needs to be more focus on next steps, growth opportunities and programs to increase knowledge and experience.

Create more opportunities for growth, training and getting your team up to the next level in promotions -- if this were to happen, more people would stay long term.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great experience with room to grow!

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Arlington, VA

I worked at Oakley part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Exciting atmosphere, great coworkers and supervisors. Great experience working their with opportunities to advance within the company. Great pay inside of the company as well.

Cons

If you have a troubled time remembering information about various products, this may not be the place for you.

Don't do it!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Oakley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you can manage a year as a new graduate for your resume, then kudos to you. They hire young and very dumb...which tells you the direction the company is going.
    You can bring your dog to work.
    Employee discount.

Cons

Very high attrition. Company struggles for months and months to fill executive positions. They claim because it is from lack of qualified applicants. That's rich. Lots of turnover. Nobody knows anything or can train because chances are, they are new like you.
    Drama. Lots of gossip, backstabbing, backbiting, threats, you name it. Luckily, I was only a witness, but this is the most petty, childish environment I've ever worked in. People choose bonuses over doing a project with international impact correctly.
    No information is written down. Hopefully, you find someone that isn't an idiot (good luck!) and has time to help you. I was lucky enough to have one person help me, but that person was clearly miserable.
    Lots of "cool" aid to pretend to choke down.
    Lots of playing with numbers to get the results executive management wants to present.
    This company has a bad reputation. I offered a referral to a new graduate once and they said no way.

No one will listen anyway. Too much infighting, bragging about accomplishments at prior companies and cries of we will take over the world. Literally.

There are newer employer reviews for Oakley